These fun fall cookies are super easy to make.
- Start by mixing up two batches of sugar cookie dough. Add 1/4 cup of maple syrup to one batch, and 1/4 cup of cocoa powder to the other.
- Roll the chocolate dough out, into roughly a rectangular shape.
- Form the maple dough into a thick play dough type rope, the same length as the rectangle of chocolate dough.
- Place the maple dough on top of the chocolate, and wrap the chocolate dough around the maple.
- Wrap the dough in wax paper, and refrigerate it for a few hours.
- Slice the chilled dough into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place the cookies by twos, overlapping them slightly, onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Press M&M's into the middle of the cookies for eyes.
- Press a cashew into the overlap of the cookies for a beak.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow to cool slightly, before removing from the pan with a wide spatula.
It's great to be a homeschooler - especially on the first day of fall.